Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's cupcakes

No, I didn't actually bake cupcakes for Valentine's Day. Yes, I could have. Instead, I supported our friend Billye White, owner of Meals Matter, and an incredible baker. Seriously, she is gifted. And she makes the most incredible strawberry cream cheese frosting.

Anyway, it turns out that strawberry cake is one of Nick's favorites. I learned that a few months ago when Billye was selling individually wrapped strawberry cupcakes. Hmm... why not? It was so good I licked the icing off the plastic wrap! Then I felt guilty that I hadn't bought one for Nick, who is normally not a big fan of sweets. When he admitted that he really likes strawberry cake-- I had no idea!-- I sent him to Billye's to buy his own. (Sweet boy brought me another as well!) So, when we got an e-mail from Billye about cupcakes for Valentine's Day...

I'm thinking strawberry cupcakes will be our Valentine's tradition.



Recipe

This is not Billye's recipe, nor have I tried it, but it looks pretty good. Also, my Aunt Brenda used to make a pound cake with cake mix and Jell-O-- sweet memory!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/simply-delicious-strawberry-cake-recipe/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment