Monday, March 9, 2009

Mushroom lasagna

I'm so proud of myself. This afternoon I assembled a portobello mushroom lasagna that Nick could bake while I was running. It worked out perfectly-- dinner was ready when I got home. Don't let the simple ingredient list fool you or the multiple steps intimidate you. It's surprisingly quick to put together and surprisingly delicous!

Recipe link and notes:
www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/portobello-mushroom-lasagna-recipe/index.html

I used one package of "baby portobellos", and coarsely chopped them before sauteing. I use Barilla no-boil noodles. (One box makes 2-3 lasagnas, unless, of course, you make yours really thick.) And I combined the mushrooms and bechamel, so my layering went like this: mushroom sauce, noodles, more sauce, Parmesan, noodles, sauce. Before topping the final layer with cheese, I decided I need another layer of noodles, so I just slid them into the sauce and pressed everything down a little and spread the sauce back over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment