Saturday, March 21, 2009

Old favorites

As usual, my menu is a little off this week... which means I'm ahead for next week. However, tonight's dinner was exactly as planned: flounder meuniere with roasted red pepper mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. I've already posted a link for the fish (fancy name for lemon-butter and parsley). The vegetables are two of our old favorites . We had roasted red pepper mashed potatoes the first time we dined at F. Scott's in Nashville. They were so yummy I had to recreate them at home! Nothing fancy, just mashed potatoes with a little garlic and roasted red pepper puree stirred in. The sauteed spinach is a Barefoot Contessa recipe that's been one of our favorites for a long time. I realized after we finished eating that I forgot to add garlic to both vegetables, but they were still delicious!

Sauteed spinach:
www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/garlic-sauteed-spinach-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment