Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Breakfast, lunch, & dinner

I'm so proud of myself-- I prepared 3 meals today, and all were delicious! I just realized, though, that we've consumed a lot of dairy today. Breakfast was fresh strawberries with whipped cream and granola (okay, so Nick made the granola last night), drizzled with honey. Lunch was grilled pimiento cheese sandwiches, inspired by the one I ate at Early Girl in Asheville. (I love my bread machine!) Supper was shrimp pesto penne.



Recipes:
www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pimiento-cheese-recipe/index.html

Shrimp pesto penne
While pasta cooks, combine 1-2 T each olive oil and butter in medium saucepan. Add peeled, deveined shrimp, enough cream to cover, and 2-3 T pesto. Heat shrimp and cream mixture until shrimp turn pink. Combine with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment